NO sound

Douglas Pollard dougpol2 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 3 15:50:51 UTC 2019

I bought a HP Pavilion Desktop Gaming machine new. I replaced Windows 10
with the latest version of Xubuntu and I have no sound. MY monitory has
speakers but no sound when plugged in I also have to external speakers
110V driven and have no sound in them either so it seems I am not
getting sound out of Xubuntu . The possessor is Rysen 5 2400G. *gg DDR
i2666 Sdram, I tb hard drive, 128 GB Sata solid state drive, AMD Radeon
Rx 580 graphics card, I think xubuntu is installed on the ssd 128GB G
card   I can check that if you need that info. I have another old box
that is a Dell computer hooked up sound to it and it works. OH sound did
work with windows so like it's a set up problem ??    Thanks for any
help anyone can give.  Thanks, Doug Pollard.