Krita view and/or export issue

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Mon May 27 14:24:17 UTC 2019

On Mon, 27 May 2019 14:33:04 +0100, Colin Law wrote:
>Are you saying that if you import an jpg and immediately export it (or
>export it with minor edits) as a jpg that it dramatically changes
>it?

Yesno, it happened, but the original cause of the issue is that the
view of Krita by default is broken, it's not the export that does cause
the problem.

If for testing purpose I "display a picture with Krita, then by default
I expect that it looks the same as when viewed with any other app, such
as a simple viewer such as feh or mirage, a web browser such as Firefox
or Chrome, as well as with other pixel manipulating software, such as
Gimp. Krita didn't, by using the defaults." For more information, such
as exif data of a reference picture used for testing purpose see
https://mail.kde.org/pipermail/kimageshop/2019-May/015634.html.

Perhaps I should stay with Gimp for work such artwork as making a
wallpaper for my Linux PC. It's just a pity that latest releases of
Gimp suffers from issues on Ubuntu and Arch and probably on other
distros, too.