Krita view and/or export issue

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon May 27 12:52:14 UTC 2019

On Mon, May 27, 2019 at 02:11:19PM +0200, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
> On Mon, 27 May 2019 21:12:00 +1000, Karl Auer wrote:
> >If you haven't already, google "krita colours washed out when
> >exported"
>
> All hints I found by web research made the issues even more worse.
>
> By testing I found out that
>
> [ ] (unchecked) Use system monitor profile
> Screen 1: Rec2020-elle-V2-srgbtrc.icc
> Rendering intent: Perceptual
>
> comes close to the exported wallpaper JPEG. Until now it provides the
> best result. The remaining difference shouldn't, but could be related
> to the export. I've done a countercheck with the same image again, see
> https://i.imgur.com/NNxDZmf.png, Krita's view seems to be ok now. The
> remaining difference of the exported JPEG (not shown by the screenshot)
> might be "normal".

Pick a line and plot its value vs position that- removes the junk with the monitor.
See if the edge sharpness changes. One desirable feature of compression is that
is is only lossy on the first compress and that subsequent cycles with the same parameters
should give the same result but I'm not sure you can expect that here.
When you say wash out I assume you mean saturation but blur or jaggies could be a factor too.

If you can diagnose the problem in a way that points to a solution then you don't have
to guess with vague terms on google.