Experience with OnlyOffice's desktop editors?

Dr Rainer Woitok rainer.woitok at gmail.com
Tue May 21 17:11:15 UTC 2019

Liam,

On Tuesday, 2019-05-21 18:30:05 +0200, you wrote:

> Hmm. I am a little surprised; I used to work with Excel spreadsheets
> in LibreOffice daily, without issue.

Sorry, I didn't clearly explain my problem :-(

Under MS Windows  the Excel files  are processed  using MS Office Enter-
prise 2007.  There is no LibreOffice installed there.  So under Ubuntu I
need a tool that is not only able to open the MS Office spreadsheets but
also to create modified files which are again readable by MS Office Ent-
erprise 2007.

And as soon as a spreadsheet  created with MS Office  sums up the prices
or whatever in one column LibreOffice can't even open it.

> But it was not a substantial improvement and as it's not FOSS, I
> decided to put up with LibreOffice.

Well, I just checked the LICENSE file at

   https://github.com/ONLYOFFICE/DesktopEditors

and it says "GNU AFFERO GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE".  So what?

Sincerely,
  Rainer