OT: greenish area in new monitor

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Wed May 1 17:56:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, May 01, 2019 17:26:39 PM +0000, Mike Marchywka wrote:
> How do you know your monitor broke and not the computer?

fair question! I know because I temporarily plugged into my computer a
third monitor (which I had to return immediately), exactly to verify
this, and it worked just fine. Sorry, I forgot to mention this in the
first email!

I understand that the HP monitor has been sitting in a basement for a
year, but it was in its own, original full packaging, no sign of
humidity or other stress.

> How was your old monitor connected, same graphics card and connector?

old monitor was connected via VGA (not HDMI, cannot remember
why....). This HP one has the same problem with both VGA and HDMI.

Marco