Filesystem corruption - hard disk exploded!

Volker Wysk post at volker-wysk.de
Sat Jun 29 17:15:23 UTC 2019

Am Samstag, 29. Juni 2019, 19:03:20 CEST schrieb compdoc:
> On 6/29/19 10:53 AM, Volker Wysk wrote:
> > You asked, if I would "consider switching to something much simpler". I've
> > considered, but No, I won't.
> >
> > Don't let yourself be scared easily.
>
> If it turns out the problems you're seeing are caused by the caching,
> then maybe you should be afraid.

That's the big question.

I'm running the SSD-cache for 1 1/2 years now, and haven't encountered
corruption since more than a few days ago. And then it was heavy.

I've installed a new Ubuntu 19.04 and there aren't any signs of corruption, so
far.

I think I will bring my box to that computer shop,  and let them inspect the
PSU, the mainboard, the CMOS battery and the plugs.

> In any case, it would be interesting to know where the problem lies.

It would be important, yes.

Bye
V.W.