Ububtu on a macbook.built in track pad and mouse don't work

M.R.P. wintermute24x7 at icloud.com
Fri Jun 28 23:48:25 UTC 2019

Hello I am trying to install the latest ubuntu on a macbook.I am doing
the install via usb. When I get to the screen that asks for my location
my macbook trackpad does not work and my built in keyboard does not
work. The macbook has a usb-c port for external devices.

     I have had a similar problem getting ubuntu to work on a mac
desktop. The mac keyboard and mouse did not work. I used a usb IBM
keyboard and mouse and that solved my problem. Not sure what to do with
the macbook..I can get into the grub minimal bash line at startup. I do
not have a usb-c multiport adapter I wias thinking perhaps not having
the keboard and mouse plugged in may not allow the devices to be
recognized. Or do I need to issue a command in startup minimal bash to
solve the problem. Any ideas would be apreciatied.