Kubuntu 18.04.2 LTS -> Ubuntu 19.04

rikona rikona at sonic.net
Sun Jun 16 17:49:37 UTC 2019

On Sun, 16 Jun 2019 13:32:15 +0100
Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Put differently: the Ubuntu Desktop images don't contain KDE, but an
> installed Ubuntu Desktop system can install KDE-based packages just as
> an installed Kubuntu system can.  Many Ubuntu Desktop users use the
> odd KDE-based package, just as they use any of a wide variety of other
> packages that aren't actually part of the base installation.

Just a comment... I rather like some KDE pgms and have been using them
in Ubuntu for a few versions now [currently in 16.04]. Some, like k3b,
work perfectly, others, like konqueror, work quite well - enough to
still be very useful. There are some odd behaviors, like copy/paste not
always working. If you don't mind a few odd behaviors this might be one
way to go - just install the pgms you want to use. It will install a
lot of stuff to support these pgms, but with todays large disks this is
perhaps not a problem.

Rik