Filesystem corruption (was: wiped disk - no longer bootable)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Jul 13 17:17:02 UTC 2019

On Sat, 13 Jul 2019 12:59:11 -0400, Gene Heskett wrote:
>Those normally have a relatively large resistor incorporated in the
>lead to wrist strap connection that is large enough to keep you from a
>dangerous current thru your body should the other arm accidently come
>in contact with the high side of the line power should you be
>inattentive enough to not have unplugged it from its power source.

Gotcha old man! That's what an isolating transformer is good for :p.
Actually there is _no_ f???ing hight side, if you use galvanic
isolation :p.

>I would not bet my life on it being grounded. Depending on who wired
>it, it could even be hot. 99% of electricians are male AND nominally
>30% of those are color-blind.

Here Gene and I are two of a kind again :). I only want to add, that in
old buildings a lot of braindead people most likely did insane things,
that wasn't done by professional electricians in the first place ;).