Why does 18.04 not detect WiFi devices that 16.04 detects

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Mon Jul 8 11:33:39 UTC 2019

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 at 23:51, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Vendor: AMI
> Version: 370H4W0X.103

As Bret normally tends to ignore my comments I will be brief.

Listen to Colin's advice. Do all that he says.

The above reference is no help.

You need to find the exact make and model of your motherboard -- get
it from the POST screen when you first turn it on. Try getting into
SETUP; there will probably be an on-screen message to tell you how.
Find your version, look online for updates. Compare yours to the
updated version.

If that is too hard, tell us the make and model and we can tell you if
it is current.