Why does 18.04 not detect WiFi devices that 16.04 detects

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Jul 7 21:06:49 UTC 2019

On Sun, 7 Jul 2019 at 21:40, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have UbuntuMATE running on different systems - mostly 16.04.x, but,
> on one computer, I have 18.04 running.
>
> One of the problems with 18.04, is that it does not detect WiFi
> sources, that 16.04 detects.

First run a live Image of 16.04 on the PC that is showing the problem
and make sure that it is, in fact, the Ubuntu version that is causing
the problem.

Also make sure that the Firmware (BIOS) is up to date on the
motherboard.  That applies whatever the results of the first test.

You said "One of the problems", I therefore deduce that there are
other problems.  It might be interesting to know what they are.

Colin