Backing up Ubuntu

compdoc compdoc at hotrodpc.com
Wed Jul 3 17:01:42 UTC 2019

Timeshift is my new best friend. I had a second drive laying around, so
I have timeshift backing to it.

There arent many settings. I selected rsync, location, the default
schedule, (runs daily and keeps 5 backups) and which users to backup. I
selected all users. You can add filters.

There is a summary of files/folders. The defaults include all the
important folders like /boot and /etc, and exclude swap files and other
things.

It runs at random times, so I have not yet noticed it running. Each
backup is full. My drive has 76 gigs used, and the backups are 55 gigs
each. I think I'll have it keep 7 backups, and add a monthly...