Possible bios issue on install of Ubuntu 18.04 Budgie

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Jan 23 15:57:27 UTC 2019

On Wed, 23 Jan 2019 14:00:48 +0100, Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:
>Any suggestions?

Unless you are doing real-time related tasks, the Time Stamp Counter is
much likely unimportant to you.

However, I experienced issues for my Linux PC's Intel CPU regarding TSC
in the past, but the microcode fixed it and yes, my PC is used for
real-time related task, even while I tend to migrate more and more
for real-time related tasks to iOS, currently running an iPad Pro (3rd
generation), I still try to use Linux for real-time related tasks, in my
case it's pro-audio, but I don't spend much time to fix all those Linux
related issues anymore.

Unfortunately when googling for Time Stamp Counter issues,
systemd related crap hits block really important information, but
that's how things go, if the init-system breaks the KISS approach,
because it is not used as an init system only.

Suggestions? Yes, if you need something, such as TSC, then don't use
Linux, even if TSC should work, Linux has way more pitfalls, if
you need such kind of timer precision. Audio related frame accuracy,
e.g. between MIDI and audio files is a lie on all operating systems,
but in my experiences Linux is always the most worth operating system
for such tasks, Window isn't considerable better, only Apple products
do a little bit better job.