Possible bios issue on install of Ubuntu 18.04 Budgie

Gary J. Kirkpatrick garyartista at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 13:00:48 UTC 2019

Hi

When I boot Budgie from the USB device I get " TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to
Errata; please update microcode to version: 0x52 (or later)
--

There is a bug report
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/intel-microcode/+bug/1724650

Buried in there is the following

$ sudo apt-add-repository restricted
$ sudo apt update
$ sudo apt install intel-microcode
$ sudo reboot

I tried that when booted from a live sd and found that the microcode was
already the latest.

I burned Kubuntu to the sd, with the same result.  (I did not repeat the
sequence above).

When running from the live sd I can access the internet.  From the
installed version of Budgie wifi is disabled.  I tried connecting to the
router by cable without success, but I think the cable is defective.

I checked the Lenovo site and there does not appear to be an undate for the
bios on my Flex 14.

Any suggestions?

thanks

garyk