Right Click run exe with Wine

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 20:37:17 UTC 2019

On Wed, 9 Jan 2019 at 12:55, Grizzly via ubuntu-users <
ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Hi All
>
> Having a problem, I have installed Wine (on Bionic) and can run the
> program I
> intended to, via Launcher, with no problem
>
> BUT if I right click any *.exe file (including those in Wine's defaulty
> C_Drive
> structure) I don't get the "Run with wine option" it defaults to Achive
> Manager, and "open with other app" does not show Wine as a choice

I think this should work with Wine, it is the normal technique to tell the
system what to open files with.
Right click on an exe file and select Properties and then the Open With
tab.  Select Wine from the list of apps (hopefully it will be there) and
then click the Set as default button.

Colin