running bionic beaver from USB stick sometimes crashes requiring I pull the stick before rebooting.

Mike Marchywka marchywka at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 7 21:05:10 UTC 2019

It turns out that running 'strings" on the chrome executable turns up something called "--optimize_for_size"
which makes the latest chrome  maybe even faster than my older browsers- I'm not sure if that is documented
or indeed if it did anything but it is now running acceptably. . I guess if you have been avoiding
upgrading to bioinc beaver as I was due to concerns about exceeding the resources
of an old machine so far if you dig a little it seems the new code may not be that
bad.  Again, I had to turn a lot of default stuff off but the code and options are there.

I still get flicker over the entire screen when scrolling a window like video frame buffer address
getting hit but this system may be more functional than my old Debian even with the 750M total RAM...

And this is just running from the USB crive not the hard disk.

fwiw\