Please Recommend Affordable and Reliable Cloud Storage for 50 TB of Data

Fri Feb 15 11:59:45 UTC 2019

On 2/15/19 12:40 AM, Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
> Hi Olivier,
>
> For me it is personal use and not business use.
>
> I think Backblaze is charging USD$50 per year for Unlimited cloud storage?
>
> It seems like everybody is recommending Backblaze.

Backblaze does not have a Linux client specifically because they know
the majority of Linux users will try to back up a NAS, which is what OP
seems to want to do (without having said he wants to do it). Their
backup client is specifically for Windows and Mac.

To use Backblaze with Linux you will need to use their B2 Cloud service,
which is $0.005/GB/month to store, and $0.01/GB/month to retrieve. For
50 Terabytes, you are looking at $250/month just to store your data. Not
exactly cheap

One has to ask whether it is necessary to store 50 Terabytes on a cloud
service. You might be better off rolling your own solution with
something like a personal NextCloud server, and doing incremental tape
backups periodically. The price at that point will be cheaper in the
long run than anything a cloud storage provider will offer.