Spelling checker Thunderbird 60.4.0 (64-bit)

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Wed Feb 13 07:47:27 UTC 2019

> On 13. Feb 2019, at 01:33, Phil <phil_lor at bigpond.com> wrote:
> I've checked "/usr/share/dict/words" and there aren't any problems there so the fault seems to be with Thunderbird.

Hi,
I experienced a similar issue on another distro, using another MUA, see https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/48839 .  Take a look at https://packages.ubuntu.com/cosmic/thunderbird , Thunderbird does use the same English dictionary as I do. If the dictionary was upgraded before the issue appeared, consider to downgrade the dictionary. I didn’t upgrade my hunspell dictionary for years.

Regards,
Ralf