Safest way to resize windows partition before installing

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Tue Dec 24 07:21:18 UTC 2019

On Mon, 23 Dec 2019 19:55:52 +0100, M. Fioretti wrote:
>For several reasons, I have to keep it, but I want it to be
>as small as possible, with just the space to keep windows running, and
>install its system updates when needed.

Hi,

while Microsoft indeed provided a few updates after Windows 7 already
was unsupported for a relatively long time, you should assume that the
special offer, to provide updates for the unsupported Windows 7, has got
reached an end, too or at least don't expect updates for the end of
life Windows 7, that really fix everything, that needs to get fixed.

Windows 10 is available for free as in beer, unfortunately activation
for free as in beer most likely is illegal and even if it should be
legal or if you would be fine to pay for it, even the smallest Windows
10 is anything but small.

However, consider to not continue running Windows 7 on bare metal.
Depending on the reasons you need Windows 7, you probably could migrate
to a virtual machine to run Windows 7.

Regards,
Ralf