Use of Bluetooth to test programs.

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Aug 23 08:45:08 UTC 2019

On Fri, Aug 23, 2019 at 02:52:59PM +1000, Owen Thomas wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Aug 2019 at 04:51, Little Girl <littlergirl at gmail.com> wrote:
> > What's the UI feature that you don't particularly like? Also, have
> > you tried some or all of the Ubuntu flavors to see if you'd like one
> > of them better?
>
> Don't get me wrong; I like Ubuntu generally. However, in 18.04, when one
> alt-tabs through one's open applications, and one has multiple sessions of
> a single application open, at least as it appears on my lesser Acer
> computer, one has to bring one's right hand to the keyboard to press the
> down arrow key if one wants to select through to one of the open sessions.

This is easily changed, either with the "AlternateTab" gnome-shell
extension or with a simple configuration option:

  https://blogs.gnome.org/fmuellner/2018/10/11/the-future-of-alternatetab-and-why-you-need-not-worry/

(Also, I forget where it's configured so possibly it isn't set up by
default, but you should also be able to use Alt-` or Super-` to switch
between running instances of only the current application.)