[Solved ?] How can I transfer photos from my IPhone to my desktop computer?

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sat Aug 17 04:01:18 UTC 2019

On Fri, 16 Aug 2019 23:05:44 -0400, Bill wrote:
>If the photos were transferred by the IPhone to a flash drive. Then
>the flash drive would be inserted into the desktop computer where it
>was put into the Linux file system.  It seems that the security and
>size concerns of the email route might be bypassed, Is this a possible
>solution?

I own an iPad 2 and an iPad Pro 3rd generation. Since I use them for
pro-audio real-time productions, I've got adapters to connect an USB
audio interface with 18 audio input channels, 20 audio output channels,
1 MIDI input and 1 MIDI output channel. I also have got a few USB
sticks at hand, but no, I'm not willing to test this. I suspect that
Apple not necessarily allows access to USB sticks via an adapter, most
likely for security reasons, but I don't know. This is a question for
https://support.apple.com/ or at least for https://www.google.com/ (if
other search engines shouldn't provide answers). It might be possible
to do it, but there at least is the need to get an adapter.

However, USB sticks involve the highest possible security risk. I
consider emails send to oneself with known attachments not as a
security risk, neither do I fear iCloud as a security risk. I never
used iCloud regarding privacy concerns.