[Solved ?] How can I transfer photos from my IPhone to my desktop computer?

Bill bstanle at wowway.com
Sat Aug 17 03:05:44 UTC 2019

On 8/16/19 3:06 PM, Bill wrote:

> On 8/16/19 12:46 PM, Ralf Mardorf via ubuntu-users wrote:
>> FWIW I got it working on Arch Linux building my own
>> package from git version 1.1.3.r6.ge75d32c-1.
>>
>> So I suspect that ifuse <= 1.1.3-0.1 for xenial, bionic and cosmic
>> won't work, but ifuse = 1.1.4~git20181007.3b00243-1 for disco and eoan
>> should work, too.
>>
>> IOW it depends on what release of Ubuntu the Mint install is based upon.
>>
>> [1]
>> https://github.com/libimobiledevice/libimobiledevice/issues/828#issuecomment-522069226
>>
>> https://bugs.archlinux.org/task/63477
>>

> WS=> I thank you for your input but  it would be far easier for my
> friend to just email the photos from her IPhone to her Linux
> computer.  The reason for this is that she doesn't even know about the
> existence of the command line.  If she started to monkey around, she
> might mess up the operating system.  She is not a techie like you.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Bill Stanley
>

> WS=>It just occurred to me.  What about a different solution ...

If the photos were transferred by the IPhone to a flash drive. Then the
flash drive would be inserted into the desktop computer where it was put
into the Linux file system.  It seems that the security and size
concerns of the email route might be bypassed, Is this a possible solution?

Best wishes,

Bill Stanley