Unwanted music played by some websites

Bill bstanle at wowway.com
Sun Apr 21 03:15:35 UTC 2019

On 04/20/2019 10:50 PM, Normand Marion wrote:
> On Firefox to block some undesired windows I use the addon "noscript".
> It controles cookies and script execution.
>
> Hope it will help you in some ways.
>
> Le sam. 20 avr. 2019, à 20 h 47, Bill <bstanle at wowway.com
> <mailto:bstanle at wowway.com>> a écrit :
>
>     Hi,
>
>     Is there any way to block (unless wanted) the music played by some
>     websites?  I find unwanted sounds coming from the speaker very
>     annoying,
>     particularly when I am listening to some wanted music.  Of course,
>     I do
>     want to listen to some website sounds.  I am using the Firefox web
>     browser and Mint 17.1 with the Mate desktop.
>
>     Bill Stanley

WS=> I too use no script but I can't seem to find how to use it to
control just the sound.  I looked on the Firefox website and they
indicate that if you go to Preferences/privacy & security there is a way
to control the sounds under the Permissions section.   The problem is
that the sounds line does not exist on my browser.  It seems that the
missing line is exactly what I want.