Ubuntu doesn't enter any WM except Gnome on Wayland

Tedd M. V. tmv713 at cryptolab.net
Thu Sep 20 22:43:58 UTC 2018

Hello people.

I have a machine using Ubuntu 18.04 with the kernel 4.15.0-34-generic
using all the latest updates I have tried in the past to use another WM,
but every time and install one and reboot to select it at the login
screen it seems to load, a black screen appears and then the login
screen shows agains.

Some notes:

* I have tried to use KDE, lxde, xfce, i3, and xmonad.
* Unity and Gnome without Wayland also don't work.
* When the machine had few time after the update to 18.04 it was
  possible to use Unity and non-Wayland Gnome, but I never used any
  other WM.
* I believe it has something to do with the permissions, you see, in
  the past I tried to use synaptic and run other programs as sudo, but it
  didn't work if used under Wayland so someone on an official Ubuntu
  forum said something about running this command 'xhost
  si:localuser:root' and I think I also used with my normal user.
* Another user said something about editing config .name file, but I
  don't remember which one, it was similar the command what I edited.

Thanks for your atention and I'm hoping you can help,
Tedd.

--

GPG: 37219EA0D04C8D3C
Keybase: tmv