Missing Dash/Panel/Launcher

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 7 20:47:19 UTC 2018

This isn't really a reply to any one post so have not bottom posted, rather
it is a suggestion to try.  If you have not already done so then try
booting off a 16.04.5 if that is the latest and select Try Ubuntu.  See
whether that performs as it should.  If it does then that means there is a
mis-configuration (using the term loosely) of some sort on your system,
rather than a need for special drivers or similar fixes.

Colin