Missing Dash/Panel/Launcher

Grizzly Real_Grizz_Adams at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Sep 7 19:52:09 UTC 2018

07 September 2018  at 20:38, Liam Proven wrote:
Re: Missing Dash/Panel/Launcher (at least in part)

>On Fri, 7 Sep 2018 at 20:27, Grizzly via ubuntu-users
><ubuntu-users at lists.ubuntu.com> wrote:
>>
>> That is no longer supported by AMD or Ubuntu
>
>The basic method described is still the official way to do it:

>System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Additional Drivers

>wait a few seconds for the probe to finish ...
>pick the AMD driver from the list ...
>save and reboot

System Settings -> Software & Updates -> Additional Drivers
shows no drivers (other than an old MODEM that is not in use)

>Above is the suggested method ... If desired drivers are not shown in
>above list here are instructions to install necessary AMD native
>drivers

I did try this also

$ sudo apt install linux-headers-generic
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
linux-headers-generic is already the newest version (4.4.0.134.140).

$ sudo apt install fglrx-updates xvba-va-driver libva-glx1 libva-egl1 vainfo
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package fglrx-updates is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Package 'fglrx-updates' has no installation candidate
E: Unable to locate package xvba-va-driver