modeset(0): Modeline "1680x1050"x0.0

Chris chris.pollock1948 at gmail.com
Sun Nov 25 23:20:19 UTC 2018

On Sun, 2018-11-25 at 21:11 +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On Fri, 23 Nov 2018 at 22:09, Chris <chris.pollock1948 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I found the issue in the Xorg log. Not letting my eye wander
> > further
> > than what I 'thought' I was looking for screwed me up. I put this
> > in
> > pastebin
> > Nov 16 15:08 Xorg.0.log
> > whereas I should have put this in (I did a shutdown and restart a
> > bit
> > earlier this afternoon to see if there were any changes to the log
> > but
> > of course I shut down before changing the cable on Wed also. Just
> > me
> > looking at the wrong Xorg* log file.
> > Nov 23 14:41 Xorg.1.log
> >
> > The updated log file is here - https://pastebin.com/2DQLqtXz The
> > Xorg.0.log file shows
> > 104.195] (II) modeset(0): Analog Display Input,  Input Voltage
> > Level:
> > 0.700/0.700 V
> > the Xorg.1.log file shows
> > 187.536] (II) modeset(0): Digital Display Input
> >
> > So, it does sense the new cable.
>
> Aha! Great!
I'll just have to consider the reason for the output as an unknown and
move on.

> So that's a step forward, at least.
>
> > Why the Xorg.0.log is not being
> > renamed to .1 and a new .0 log created is beyond me but it's not.
> > Possibly if I delete (usually I just move to another folder
> > somewhere
> > until I know it's safe to delete something like this) the .0 log
> > from
> > 16 Nov will be recreated?
>
> Logrotate may help...

https://www.rosehosting.com/blog/how-to-use-logrotate-to-manage-logs-on-ubuntu/

Thanks Liam, I'll check into that when I get back from Galveston next
week.

> > I hate that my initial post or replies never make it back to me
> > here on
> > the list. There's got to be a setting somewhere in Gmail however I
> > see
> > that others use Gmail and their posts make it to the list just
> > fine.
>
> Normal Gmail feature. It doesn't display mails you apparently sent to
> yourself. *But* if someone replies to it, it should appear in the
> thread.

I'd go back to my primary @embarqmail.com address however eventually I
get unsubscribed because they just can't control the amount of spam
that passes through their servers.

--
Chris
31.11972; -97.90167 (Elev. 1092 ft)