printing issues

Brian ad44 at cityscape.co.uk
Sat Nov 24 19:12:03 UTC 2018

On Sat 24 Nov 2018 at 19:18:19 +0100, Gary J. Kirkpatrick wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 24, 2018 at 12:45 PM Brian <ad44 at cityscape.co.uk> wrote:
> >
> > Your device has a Webscan feature. See the manual.
> >
> > If you prefer to use simple-scan, you will have to install a small
> > portion of the HPLIP software:
> >
> >   apt install --no-install-recommends libsane-hpaio
> >
> > --
> > Brian.
> >
> > --
> >

> Hi
>
> I checked the Lenovo manual.  Nothing came up for Webscan.  Not something I
> have heard of.

"device" is printer/scanner; I was referring to the manual for that. It
is online if you do not have it on a disk which came with the DeskJet.

>   apt install --no-install-recommends libsane-hpaio
>
> returned
>
> libsane-hpaio is already the newest version (3.17.10+repack0-5

I thought you had removed HPLIP and all its related packages, but it
shouldn't matter.

You were given the command 'scanimage -L'. Did you try it?

You could also do

apt install --reinstall --no-install-recommends libsane-hpaio

--
Brian.