modeset(0): Modeline "1680x1050"x0.0

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:58:46 UTC 2018

On Mon, 19 Nov 2018 at 22:40, Chris <chris.pollock1948 at gmail.com> wrote:

> > So they both should have DVI ports.
>
> Only the monitor, the Dell has VGA and DisplayPort
>
> https://photos.app.goo.gl/vVXSmLbKQXrSZ2po9 photo of back panel

That's a bit too close to tell.

I saw something that hinted that the DVI port might be an optional
thing on a riser card. Perhaps you don't have that -- or it's lying
forgotten in a box somewhere?

> https://photos.app.goo.gl/JNiYbQkzdwpf6XRW7 From manual showing ports

That's a slightly odd combination -- a parallel port (old tech) and a
DisplayPort (new tech) but no DVI (intermediate in age between the
previous ones).

> I'll go ahead and order a DisplayPort -> DVI cable from Amazon and see
> what happens. Should have it by Wed.

Good plan.

> Being a 'Military Town' most all stores of any type around here are
> rip-offs. My best bet as I said above is Amazon.

OK. I wouldn't know, I am a Brit in the Czech Republic. The only US
city I know at all is NYC and I've only been there twice.