Censorship and old less

Peter petergoggin at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 9 09:52:22 UTC 2018

First programs were written in autocode for a computer using valves with
an average up time of two hours, then the establishment purchased an IBM
mainframe called Stretch which was the only true scientific computer
made by IBM. We could then use Fortran. The later IBM mainframes were
not really intended for scientific use and could no be used to invert
matrices foe curve fitting because of the limited range of numerical
precision.

I started using DEC mini computers in 1963 or 1964 and micro computers
in 1974  or 1975.  I used other high level languages like cobol and
pascal, started working with relational data bases in 1983 after I came
to Australia.  I retired in 2001.

Regards

Peter Goggin