System Update froze - UbuntuMATE 16-04

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 19:57:14 UTC 2018

On 23/06/2018, Oliver Grawert <ogra at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> hi,
> Am Samstag, den 23.06.2018, 02:38 +0800 schrieb Bret Busby:
> lots and lots of stuff about having hacked around the proper upgrade
> process to apply it "in pieces" (nobody knows what you did here since
> you didnt tell us)
>

>> > Please slow down, read more carefully, stop attributing malice
>> > where
>> > none exists, and don't panic.
>> >
>> I believe that I have not alleged malice, in this topic.
>
> well, you are constantly accusing the software to have caused the
> situation

That is NOT an accusation of malice.

If a rock falls down a cliff and lands on your head, the rock did not
act out of malice.

If an asteroid hits the planet, and kills a few hundred million
people, the asteroid did not act out of malice.

If I cook some food, and don't do it properly, and it makes someone
ill, it does not mean that I did it out of malice. It means that I
should have cooked it better, and so avoided making anyone ill.

Malice involves intent to do harm, and, I have not implied or alleged
that, in this case.

I have acknowledged an acknowledged bug, but I have at no time,
alleged that the developers of the software intended to deliberately
cause harm to peoples' computers, or, to deliberately destroy peoples'
data.

Where have I made such an allegation?

--
Bret Busby