Looking for ratings of all-in-one printers for Linux (Ubuntu in particular)

Daniel Howard djh at quantifind.com
Mon Jul 9 17:02:47 UTC 2018

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018 at 1:50 PM, Kevin O'Gorman <kogorman at gmail.com> wrote:

> I know there are probably multiple places where such ratings can be
> found.  Not knowing which are reliable, I'm sort of asking for ratings of
> the ratings, I guess.  Mostly, though, I want ratings of recent models,
> from a Linux/Debian/Ubuntu perspective as opposed to the usual Windows
> slant.  I'm presuming the few machines that I dual-boot will be able to
> work with whatever printer I have.
>
> So, where to look?

​Hello,

For what it is worth, Ubuntu does really great with USB Printing. For years
my experience has been "plug and play" whereas Mac/Windows has had to sit
around figuring its driver out.

In 18.04 I have been super pleased that it seems I am no longer managing
printers. I click "Print" and it tells me what printers are around on my
local network, and then it works!

Anyway, my prior wisdom was you can't go wrong with HP, but they've been
headed downhill and now I'm a Brother man.

-d​

--
*Ceci n'est pas une signature.*