UEFI and Ubuntu Linux

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 22:05:17 UTC 2018

On 30 January 2018 at 22:48, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:

> When I perform a search in gmail, for messages containg a string, only
> the first 100 results can be displayed.
>
> When I click on the "Older" link (for the previous messages beyond the
> 100 displayed on the first screen of results), I get the error message
>
> "   We cannot complete the action at this time. Please try again using
> the search action above.   "
>
> The error occurs each time that I follow the procedure that I described.
>
> I can post screenshots (if they can go through the mailing list), or,
> send them off-list, if wanted
>
> gmail is buggy and unsupported - no email address to which to send
> notifications of bugs.

No, you shouldn't post screenshots to a mailing list. Put them on a
free photo-hosting site, such as Flickr or Imgur, and post links.

The technique I described _does_ work. I tried it before I posted it
and I did again now and was able to go back 400 messages and several
years.

But you're right, Gmail is unsupported. It's free. There is support on
paid Google Apps for Business accounts.

An alternative is to pull the messages down into a local email client
-- I use Thunderbird at home and Sylpheed at work, and am evaluating
Balsa -- and search that.

But this is not germane to the problem you were describing.

My main question regarding that is: have you disabled SecureBoot or not?

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053