synaptic on 17.10

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Fri Jan 26 13:14:53 UTC 2018

On 24/01/18 17:36, Colin Law wrote:

> On 24 January 2018 at 17:23, Peter Hillier-Brook <phb at hbsys.plus.com
> <mailto:phb at hbsys.plus.com>> wrote:
>
>     I've just upgraded a friend's machine to Ubuntu 17:10 and joined a long
>     list of people who've discovered that synaptic wont start.
>
>     Has anyone information as to if/when this disastrous failure of testing
>     has/will be fixed?
>

> If you select the X session on the login screen then it should be ok.

It's just been announced that 18.04 will ship with Xorg as default not
Wayland:

<http://news.softpedia.com/news/ubuntu-18-04-lts-bionic-beaver-will-ship-with-xorg-by-default-says-canonical-519564.shtml?utm_content=buffer307e4&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer>

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
an infinite number of monkeys typing into GNU emacs would never make a
good program