Booting Ubuntu on a UEFI computer

Bret Busby bret.busby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 21 06:44:47 UTC 2018

On 21/02/2018, Liam Proven <lproven at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 20 February 2018 at 20:39, Bret Busby <bret.busby at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> A universally accessible HOWTO, that leads stepwise through the
>> installation procedure, for installing Ubuntu Linux on a UEFI/GPT
>> system, would be helpful, rather than trying to limit the use of
>> Linux.
>
> There is one.
>
> You were given a link to it.
>
> But you have crippled your browser so you can't see it,

Wrong - I can quite successfully see other Ubuntu web pages, and other
web sites web pages.

It is just that some web pages, like that one, are apparently designed
to be not universally accessible, and restrict access to the unwise.

and you did
> not tell us that, you just complained that the site was broken, which
> it is not -- it works fine.

I did not "complain that the site was broken" -
1. if you read my message about it, I stated quite clearly, that I
could not access it.There is a significant difference. If people
deliberately write web pages so that the general public can not access
them, that just means that access is restricted, and is not universal,
and, the web page is not broken for those who can access it. A
concrete wall that does not allow access to people who do not climb
over it, is not broken - it just restricts access.
2. The web page cited, clearly does not provide universal access, so
you have lied - it does NOT fulfil the suggestion

"
>> A universally accessible HOWTO, that leads stepwise through the
>> installation procedure, for installing Ubuntu Linux on a UEFI/GPT
>> system, would be helpful, rather than trying to limit the use of
>> Linux.
"

as the web page is clearly not universally accessible, and, is
apparently designed to be not universally accessible, instead,
requiring peop;lt to put their computers and themselves, at great
risk, in order to access the web page.

3. It is unfortunate that Ubuntu has apparently deliberately not
provided a universally accessible "HOWTO, that leads stepwise through
the installation procedure, for installing Ubuntu Linux on a UEFI/GPT
system", but, that is the prerogative of Ubuntu, which appears to
conscously restrict usage of its operating system, which is the
prerogative of Ubuntu, like it was the prerogative of Skype, to sell
its wonderful communications system to Microsoft, so that it could be
dismembered and rendered useless, by Microsoft.

> --
> Liam Proven • Profile: https://about.me/liamproven
> Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
> Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
> UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053

Bret Busby
Armadale
West Australia

 you'll know what the answer means."