synaptic on 17.10

Liam Proven lproven at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 10:46:48 UTC 2018

On 2 February 2018 at 10:43, Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:

> Regardless of how you want to paraphrase, if the author hadn't accepted
> it as a bug, he'd have closed it.  He didn't.
[...]
> That's a pretty slanted paraphrasing.  Anyway, software development
> often involves accepting reality and the need to keep up with changes
> elsewhere.  The King Cnut approach is rarely productive.

To para 2:

*Open-mouthed in astonishment*

I can't see how _else_ anyone can interpret it, TBH.

To para 1:

Like a lot of FOSS, AFAIK, he's a volunteer doing it because he wants
to. A new environment he didn't pick or want breaks his app, but it
still works fine on the one it was written for. Why should he do all
this work?
users

Email: lproven at cix.co.uk • Google Mail/Hangouts/Plus: lproven at gmail.com
Twitter/Facebook/Flickr: lproven • Skype/LinkedIn: liamproven
UK: +44 7939-087884 • ČR (+ WhatsApp/Telegram/Signal): +420 702 829 053