synaptic on 17.10

Colin Watson cjwatson at ubuntu.com
Fri Feb 2 09:43:40 UTC 2018

On Fri, Feb 02, 2018 at 09:14:35AM +0100, Liam Proven wrote:
> On 2 February 2018 at 03:37, Colin Watson <cjwatson at ubuntu.com> wrote:
> > The author seems to accept it as a bug.  Arguing whether it is or it
> > isn't is basically just noise.
>
> *Furrowed brow*
>
> That is not what _your link_ says.

Regardless of how you want to paraphrase, if the author hadn't accepted
it as a bug, he'd have closed it.  He didn't.

> Summarised, it says "I know, but that's because of how it works, which
> was fine with X.org but isn't with Wayland. It's too much work to
> rewrite the program to get around this externally-imposed issue."

That's a pretty slanted paraphrasing.  Anyway, software development
often involves accepting reality and the need to keep up with changes
elsewhere.  The King Cnut approach is rarely productive.