Menu System Tools/Software Updater not working after, Lubuntu upgrade from 16.04 to 18.04

grasso grasso at deds.nl
Sun Aug 26 06:20:50 UTC 2018

Dear Colin,

Sorry if I was not clear in explaining the problem.

I tried to explain that after starting the "Software Updater", using the
menu as well as using the command line both do result in the expected
behavior of showing the list of packages to be upgraded, but the problem
is that when I then try to proceed, so really start the update, no
update is performed.
So far I only used the menu System Tools/Software Updater to really
start the update, not using the command line.

I checked
https://askubuntu.com/questions/8458/how-to-update-ubuntu-terminal#8460
It shows Update software(s) i.e. apply updates:
sudo apt-get upgrade

My question is now:
Is it a good check to try running "sudo apt-get upgrade" to see if update will then be performed, because I did not yet tried. Hopefully now it is more clear what my problem is.Regards,

Frans