Static web photo gallery generator wanted

Peter Silva peter at bsqt.homeip.net
Mon Aug 13 12:57:26 UTC 2018

two questions:
  - does it have to be a web server?  I would think just using the file
manager with image preview would be good.
  - Last time I did this (many years ago) I just used fancy indexing on
straight apache... but no thumbnails that way.

fwiw: I just did apt search gallery and the following looked promising...
have not used:

fgallery/bionic,bionic 1.8.2-2 all
  static HTML+JavaScript photo album generator

lazygal/bionic,bionic 0.9.1-1 all
  static web gallery generator

libapache-gallery-perl/bionic,bionic 1.0.2-5 all
  Apache module to create image galleries on-the-fly