Software Updater messages

Phil Dobbin bukowskiscat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 6 12:45:54 UTC 2017

On 06/09/17 13:37, Colin Watson wrote:

> On Wed, Sep 06, 2017 at 11:29:42AM +0100, Phil Dobbin wrote:
>> I'm getting a stream of messages from Software Updater's terminal read
>> out when I use it. They're mainly Perl errors but there's too many of
>> them & they travel too fast to be able to figure out what they mean.
>>
>> I've looked in about every log file for any trace of the read-out but to
>> no avail. Does anybody know where I might look so I can act on the errors?
>
> Have you tried /var/log/apt/term.log?  This sort of thing usually lands
> there.

Hi Colin.

Yeah I've checked all the usual suspects including term.log, no dice.
Have tried Google as well of course but no luck.

The annoying thing is if I update from the command line it doesn't
happen so I can't pipe it to a file. It only complains when I use the
GUI effort.

Cheers,

  Phil.

--
"For 50 years it was like being chained to an idiot"
Kingsley Amis on his loss of libido when he turned fifty

https://www.linuxcounter.net/cert/550036.png