Gnome replaces Unity

Pete Smout smoutpete at gmail.com
Mon Oct 16 17:04:03 UTC 2017

IMHO this is all subjective what works for John is a PITA for Jane!
For me Gnome 3 is useless and not even worth installing, my next upgrade
will be a sever install with openbox window manager installed!
(That's a window manager not a desktop Google the difference if you are
unsure), but that's just me!

The death of Unity is a shame for laptops and notebooks but as it was never
much use on desktop systems anyway it kinda doesn't matter. There are
plenty of alternatives out there find one that works for you and stick with
it!
Ubuntu's decision to scrap unity I personally feel it's a "downgrade" but
then I felt the same when Unity was first introduced and came around
eventually.
I will look at gnome again before 19.04 is released maybe just maybe I will
be pleasantly surprised!

Just my 2 cents

Peter Smout