Gnome replaces Unity

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Oct 14 19:29:29 UTC 2017

Ralf Mardorf schreef op 14-10-2017 21:06:

> And btw. I don't hate anything at all, I just try to save a Mate user
> from migrating to GNOME, based on false expectations.

I also generally spend very little time hating what I don't use.

I hated it while I used it.

It's more that people like me are concerned when others push certain
solutions as a new default, which means that those who can now choose to
stay away from it, might not be able to do so in the future.

That's the only reason there would be "hate".

So if there is no opposition, that means our interests are getting
harmed.

Now I am perfectly willing to try again and boot some live DVD but I
just personally don't expect something good that I will like.

The Gnome maintainers have said that they are not designing Gnome 3 for
a person that wants to change his terminal emulator.

So they are designing it basically for Kiosk mode, which we all knew.

That's fine for that purpose.

Unity was designed for netbooks. That's fine for that purpose.

I would probably give Unity a run if I ever got my netbook back.