Gnome replaces Unity

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Sat Oct 14 19:24:38 UTC 2017

Xen schreef op 14-10-2017 21:15:

> But anyway. Still funny.

https://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-shell-list/2011-February/msg00192.html

^^ that's the discussion in minimizing windows.

I consider it utterly ridiculous. They invent supposedly rational
arguments to coincide with what they were doing anyway. First the
conclusion, then the arguments.

And they create hurt for themselves and then they say "It's not so bad".

Come on.

But anyway.

This denying your own negative experience is the biggest reason they go
in wrong directions...

"Wasn't that hard to get used to the new workflow"

is not the same as

"Oh my god this is such an improvement!"

You know ;-).

The woman who speaks about not using a negative (removing the window you
don't want to see) in order to see a positive (the window you do want to
see)

uses negative reasoning "not so bad" to explain her support.

And then considers the first logical (we never remove a sheet of paper
to put something else into its place right)

But doesn't notice the latter....

:-/.

Anyway, enough, I am ranting again I guess.