Advice for user with impaired vision

Colin Law clanlaw at gmail.com
Sun Oct 1 21:01:30 UTC 2017

On 1 October 2017 at 21:08, Francis (Grizzly) Smit <grizzly at smit.id.au> wrote:
> There is a cursors section in "unity tweak tool" (unity-tweak-tool from
> command-line) under Appearance->Cursors select the "use large cursors"
> checkbox for large cursors that should help you see them

Thanks Francis. He will be using 17.10 with Gnome UI and then moving
onto the LTS in the spring, then he should be ok with that for some
time. So Unity Tweak is not available. Gnome Tweak Took has a choice
of cursors, but not a particularly large one. With the screen
magnifier he seems to be ok with the regular cursor, and the hairline
cursor is very good.

Colin