name resolution

Ralf Mardorf silver.bullet at zoho.com
Sun Nov 26 16:00:34 UTC 2017

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:02:20 -0500, Tom H wrote:
>There was a fedora-devel@ thread two or three years ago about dnssec
>where Lennart pointed out that Fritzbox is the most widely-used home
>routers and that the admin page is reached by going to "fritz.box".
>".box" must be registered by now (I'd guess by "box.com" or
>"dropbox.com" but I don't care enough to check) so Fritzbox'll have to
>change something in its setup.

If I want to access my router, I'm using the IP 192.168.1.1, which
seemingly is the valid default for routers of most, if not all
providers [1]. I could use names as well, yes, names, since my original
provider was taken over by one provider after the other and the router
accepts different names.

[1] http://19216811.wiki/