Recommend laptop

Phil phil_lor at bigpond.com
Wed May 31 07:55:28 UTC 2017

On Tue, 30 May 2017 22:56:42 -0400
steve reilly <steve at reillyblog.com> wrote:

> any hp probook, elitebook or dell precision is all I recommend to
> customers.  honestly, expecting more than 3-4 years useage out of a
> consumer grade laptop is overkill.

Thank you your replies.

I'm still unsure about the suggestions. A new HP Probook 450 G3 costs $790 from Ebay, while a used Thinkpad T430S i7-3520M costs $452. The Lenovo is reputed to be of higher quality than the HP, however, my experience with laptops has shown a life expectancy of around four years so I tend to think a new HP might last longer plus the HP has a 15" screen compared the the Lenovo 14" screen. Too many choices.

--
Regards,
Phil