ubuntu 17.04: cut and paste middle mouse not working?

Peter Teuben teuben at astro.umd.edu
Sat May 6 13:43:32 UTC 2017

On 05/04/2017 10:15 AM, Colin Law wrote:
> On 4 May 2017 at 14:29, Peter Teuben <teuben at astro.umd.edu> wrote:
>> With the new Ubuntu 17.04 I don't seem to be able to do the classic "left mouse select and copy- middle mouse paste" action. I looked for an options, but found nothing,.
> It works for me just as it always has.

after a reboot it was fine again. sorry, false alarm. still a little worrysome. this laptop (X270) has been freezing a few times. worrysome.

> I believe it pastes from the marked text in the most recently focused
> window, so that might explain why for you it was copying from an
> unexpected window.
>
> Just found this which might be relevant
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/1581088
>
> Colin

I still feel that this cut and paste is a bug. If I select a new text in another window, it should override the buffer, there should only be one (unless you have that fancy app).  But I feel there are more. Perhaps related to my auto-focus/raise, perhaps different programs use different <META>-C and <META>-V for cut and paste, I don't know yet. It just keeps surprising me and is waisting time. I do see a fair amount of related discussions via google search.

- peter