Can't boot notebook from SSD

Oliver Grawert ogra at ubuntu.com
Wed May 3 11:00:30 UTC 2017

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 02.05.2017, 23:39 -0700 schrieb MR ZenWiz:

> It boots up to the grub meu, I type return, and the screen goes
> completely black for a second, then the cursor comes on and nothing
> happens until it drops into BusyBux, which tells me nothing.

it tells you a lot ... for example it tells you that your UEFI and grub
setup is good enough to boot kernel and initramfs (the busybox prompt
is in the initramfs).

your bootloader setup itself is fine if you get that far...
you are now either missing a kernel module for the disk controller in
your initramfs or your root= entry on the kernel commandline is simply
pointing to the wrong place to find the rootfs.
the actual error printed above your busybox prompt should shed light on
this. also, you land at that prompt to be able to debug ;)

in any case you are past the bootloader or any UEFI bits here already.

ciao
	oli