out of space on /root

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Mon Mar 13 12:33:22 UTC 2017

Liam Proven schreef op 13-03-2017 13:10:
> On 13 March 2017 at 13:08, Xen <list at xenhideout.nl> wrote:
>> I would agree.
>>
>> The MS-DOS editor (that was also used for QBasic) has all of that,
>> maybe we
>> should port it to Linux :p.
>>
>> I was meaning to say: that's an editor from the 80s!!!
>

> That's exactly what I am advocating. Tilde (and eFTE) _are_ the MS-DOS
> editor, for Linux.

Oh, alright, I didn't know that. Maybe the name is a bit off :p.

> Yes, the design is from the 1980s. But [a] things have not moved on
> much since then, and [b] better from the 1980s than the 1970s, right?

Yes yes, I meant to say that it was that great, and even back in the 80s
we already had it, but nothing more has improved in the meantime in
Linux to say that we have surpassed that.

Currently Microsoft is unraveling that existing design but I don't think
it is doing them much good: the menu based interface is generally still
the best interface we have, except when screen real-estate becomes more
important, I guess.

So I will agree with you that that existing design is almost the best
thing you can get on a console.