out of space on /root

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Mon Mar 13 12:42:23 UTC 2017

Liam Proven schreef op 13-03-2017 13:10:

> Yes, the design is from the 1980s. But [a] things have not moved on
> much since then, and [b] better from the 1980s than the 1970s, right?

Personally it is not so much the console editors I have an issue with,
but rather the GUI ones.

I do not know of a single editor that can compete even with Windows
Notepad.

What I mean that all of them have these quirks that make them unusable
to me.

Kate has no spacing between the text and the surrounding frame, making
it hard for me to focus on the text: it doesn't look like a page at all.
Windows 10 Wordpad does the same: it cuts off the top of the page, for
no reason, and makes me impossible to really get the feel for the page.

Many other editors also do this, Gedit I think, and the editor from Mint
as well (xed) although that's the nicest one I think.

Now you can say Notepad also has a thin border, but it has at least *a*
border (some distance to the text) whereas others haven't, and it fits
in with the design, or something.

I just really can't stand this bad design, when just a small spacing
would solve all of these issues for me, and they don't do it.